As I mentioned yesterday, we've got a new lunchbox! It's a Go Green Lunch Box, and we absolutely love it!
Here's Jacob's lunch today:
In this Go Green Lunchbox:
- Apple slices and graham slices with peanut butter for dipping
- Chobani Champions Orange-Vanilla Greek yogurt
- Veggie Chips
- Peanut butter & chocolate cookies
- Ice water in his water bottle
The awesome folks at Go Green sent me a lunchbox to review! Some of the best features of this lunchbox:
|Image from http://www.gogreenlunchbox.com|
A few things we love about this lunchbox:
1) It's big enough for an adult's lunch, but not too big for a kid's lunch. I also like that there are plenty of sections for a variety of food. Here's Russell's lunch from yesterday:
2) The sections are leakproof, which is awesome! Each section has its own silicone seal that keeps runny foods from escaping.
3) I like the way the lid snaps on and off. It's similar to a Lock & Lock box, but uses silicone tabs instead of plastic. It has a snapping tab on each side of the lunchbox, so it's not going to fall off or come loose if your kids are rough on the way to school. Another plus for the lid: it locks, and as long as the lid is locked on, it won't come off, even if all of the tabs are un-snapped. And for those of us with younger ones, it doesn't seem like it would be hard for smaller hands to open and close it.
4) The lunchbox comes with an insulated carrier, so your food will stay cool until lunchtime. And on the inside of the carrier, there is a little whiteboard where you can write a note or reminder for your child. We have the "Extreme" carrier.
5) You can buy the pieces individually. If you ever need replacement bands for the leak proof sections, or the drink bottle ever comes home missing the cap, you can buy the pieces individually instead of a whole new lunchbox at www.gogreenlunchbox.com.
6) They have a fantastic school fundraising program! Everyone gets tired of the same old stuff...they offer something different AND eco-friendly! Schools can earn up to $8 per set sold! You can check out their fundraising program HERE.
Some things to consider:
1) It's big. Which is good...one of my favorite features of this lunchbox is that it's big enough to pack plenty of food for an adult or a child, but I'm not sure that it would fit in a backpack while in it's carrier. That means the child would have to carry it separately, which would mean there could be a greater risk of the child losing it. I may be imagining all of that, since I don't have school-aged kids, and the times I took my lunch to school it was in a brown paper bag. This is a comparison of the sizes of EasyLunchboxes and Go Green:
2) While the box is dishwasher safe, the lid is not. You have to remove the silicone bands in order to wash it. It's not a big deal to me, since I already wash several things by hand anyways. It is something to consider though.
Neither of my "things to consider" are negative enough to be called cons, just some things you may want to keep in mind. Overall: we love it!!
The generous folks at Go Green Lunch Boxes have offered a lunchbox to give to one of my readers! The winner will in the lunchbox with water bottle plus a carrier of their choice. Use the rafflecopter widget below to enter!!
US Residents only. Winner must contact me within 24 hours of winning, or a new winner will be chosen. Entries that do not meet the requirements in Rafflecopter will be disqualified.
Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this review. Go Green Lunch Boxes provided one lunchbox and carrier for the purpose of this review. All opionions are my own.